It takes nearly 25 years to harvest Mahogany. This could be seen as a positive or a negative. The positive is that it’s a forced retirement plan because you can have a big pay day when you need it in retirement, with no ability to spend it beforehand. The negative is that it takes 25 years!
Find out more about timber investments on this episode of The Real Wealth Show.
- Welcome Mike [0:29]
- “Location, location, location.” There’s still time to invest in beachfront property in Belize and Nicaragua , but prices will go up when the Brand is announced [1:24]
- Mike talks about how he got started investing in Teak trees in Panama [2:27]
- “In 25 years, if I need the money, I’m gonna really be glad I did this…and 18 years later, I’m really glad I did this!” [4:32]
- Mike talks about the low risk from fire to Teak trees [5:25]
- Mike talks about low risks from tree eating bugs and insects [6:50]
- Who else is investing in Teak and timber and why? [8:27]
- “Timber as an asset class is a phenomenal way to steward wealth into the future” [9:14]
- What’s the single biggest advantage to investing in timber? [9:36]
- Mike talks about how he’s made Teak parcels specifically available for the middle class to invest in. [11:25]
- Can you use a self-directed IRA to invest in Mike’s teak parcels? [12:30]
- Mike talks about his land in Nicaragua and future projects in Panama. [12:58]
- Mike talks about how his business is focused on service, he is always on the lookout for ways to serve others and benefit the community. [13:33]
- Mike talks about plans to build an agro-eco-off the grid town on the beach and is looking for a coalition of folks that would be interested in being an entrepreneurial in being a part of the community. [14:29]
- Kathy asks Mike about what advice he would give to investors investing overseas and to breakdown the single biggest mistakes that people make when investing overseas. [15:07]
- Mike talks about the Consumer Resource Guide which he recommends to anyone who’s considering buying overseas. [17:45]
Disclaimer: The information provided on this page is for educational purposes only. Real Wealth Network makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of this information. Please be advised that this content may contain errors, is subject to revision at all times, and should not be relied upon for any purpose. Under no circumstances shall Real Wealth Network be liable to you or anyone else for damage stemming from the use or misuse of this information.