When looking for solid markets for buy & hold real estate, one of the most important metrics is job growth, of course, but also gentrification. Cities that are investing in themselves are a good sign of stability and future growth.
On this episode, we’re going to focus on a city that has spent the last 10 years doing just that. Birmingham, Alabama has suffered from years of negative stereotypes, but it’s coming back, in a big way! In fact, the National Geographic featured Birmingham in a story titled “Comeback: Toward the Promised Land”.
Our guest today is a native of Birmingham and she’s seen the city transform, especially over the past 10 years. She is also a real estate investor and helps other real estate investors acquire cash flow property in this city.
• The history of Birmingham and what led to this revitalization effort
• What specific industries are accounting for this growth?
• If manufacturing is still a key component to growth
• Other businesses coming to the area
On this episode, find out why Forbes named Birmingham one of the 15 U.S. Cities’ Emerging Downtowns.
To find out more about this city and our R.E.A.L. Turnkey Rental Property Team in Birmingham, visit www.RealWealthShow.com
How to subscribe to The Real Wealth Show podcast:
Click on of the links above and it should take you directly to the real estate podcast. You can select “subscribe” from there.
If this does not work for you, try the following:
- Search for the “iTunes” app on your mobile device and install it (or just click on the “music” icon if you have an iPhone)
- Search for the Real Wealth Show with Kathy Fettke
- Hit the Subscribe Button
- Or, go to the iTunes store on your computer and search “Kathy Fettke”